Her feet pounding the wrecked New York pavement, she kept running into the night, listening to the City-wide alarms. Mutants free, mutants escaped, everyone look out for the mutants. She turned a corner and fell, arms breaking her fall, but the skin scraping off her palms. Shaking, she held the wounded appendages to her chest and looked around the dark alleyway, never seeing the dark figure that was sneaking up behind her.

Date: 2010-11-01 07:27 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] itellthetaleof.livejournal.com
Gabrielle was wandering through the city, more then a little confused. She hadn't really been paying attention to where she was going, just walking along to her favorite spot by Hera's statue. Then, the island had suddenly changed from familiar surroundings to this strange stone and metal city.

Confused and, if she was honest with herself, a little scared. There were things on the island alien to her but this...this was like a whole other world that frightened her. She didn't even know what a mutant was!

She turned a corner to see Rachel running towards her. "Rachel!" She called but anything else she would have called died on her lips. Because behind Rachel, pursuing her like she was hunted pray, was Xena, dressed in her finest armor and with a frenzied look in her eyes that spoke of being less then sane. "Xena!"

But the figure ignored her, instead being intent on catching it's pray. "Here my little hound..." Xena said in eerie tone. "I need you to come to heel and catch me some more little mutants to play with..."

Gabrielle looked closer...it was Xena...but not. Her armor covered more of her body, almost like it was a part of her. And one of her eyes...it was shiny, like metal. Her heart beat faster in her chest with fear as she saw this monster Xena had become in this world, like she'd been twisted into something from this nightmarish place.

Swallowing her fear for the moment, Gabrielle ran forward to where Rachel crouched. "Rachel, are you okay? We have to go!"

Date: 2010-11-03 06:07 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] itellthetaleof.livejournal.com
For a moment Gabrielle could only stare at the girl in front of her and how she was just bowing to the monster with her best friend's face. "Rachel! What are you doing?!" She tried to pull Rachel up but it wasn't working.

More stubborn then brave, Gabrielle turned to the monster and bared her staff. Her hands were shaking with fear but she wasn't about to let this Xena like creature hurt Rachel. "Xena, I don't know what this world has done to you but stop! It's me, Gabrielle. And even if you don't stop for me, I'm not letting you near her!"

But the monster just kept coming, it's sights set on Rachel.