And maybe then Rachel could finally apologize.

Date: 2011-10-21 06:36 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] itellthetaleof.livejournal.com
If asked, Gabrielle wasn't avoiding Rachel. But even she knew she was lying to herself. She knew she needed to talk to her friend about what had happened at the rave, even Aphrodite had agreed when Gabrielle had told her about it. But realizing she loved someone off the island was a whole lot easier then realizing she was starting to feel the same way for someone on the island.

And Gabrielle liked to think she was a brave person, that she would rather face things then let them linger unsaid. But this was proving harder then she thought, until it was easier to just avoid Rachel. Even if she missed her best island friend something awful.

Usually when Gabrielle went to the statue of Hera, it was so she could sit and write in her journal, which was full of letters to Xena, telling her about the island and what she'd learned about and from the people here. But she'd found herself coming to the statue less since the rave, since she didn't know quite how to put her feelings into words. She knew Xena would probably never read the journal but it was still hard metaphorically telling the women she loved about the feelings she had for another. And when she sat down to write, unless she was extremely focused, that's all she could think about.

It really didn't surprise her when she decided to go to the statue to write today and saw Rachel waiting for her. She paused only briefly, hand gripping her staff until her knuckles were white as she gathered up her courage. "Hello Rachel."
Edited Date: 2011-10-21 06:37 am (UTC)